Our first game was on Friday, September 5th at 7:30pm, which began a lot later than anticipated, but that doesn't matter when our Referee Jerome is on the field - yes, he is the photo bomber! #Jerome!
A few activities that you want to put on your calendar...
- Up coming Team Field Clean up (to be announced, date has not been determined
- Apple Harvest Parade October 5th @ 2pm - we meet near Zinderellas. Do you have a pick up or flatbed that you would be willing to drive and allow the team to decorate (posters, hay, flowers, etc.). If so, let me know so we can go planning a team gathering to make the decorations.
- Bonfire: right after the game September 19th and October 10th *
- Costume Halloween Party @ Coaches' House - October 25th 6-9pm **
- End of Season Gathering @ Bertucci's November 16th 4:30-7:30pm ***
- Christmas Gathering @ Coaches' House December 14th 2-5pm ****
All the above Team activities are to continue to foster teamwork, community service and friendships. Parents are greatly encouraged to attend all the activities!!
* I will be ordering pizza for the Team and bringing drinks/cupcakes - $3 donations would be greatly appreciated for each player.
** I will be asking parents to donate snacks/beverages, as well as to join us for an evening of fun, games and prizes. I served wings/meatballs, bread, cupcakes, chips/dips, fruit and veggie platter, ice-cream, wings/meatballs, punch and water. I hope to do something a little similar this year too.
*** Our end of season awards, pending whether we will the Championship or not, I will be hosting an awards night to recognize every Giants achievements and efforts during the season. Bertucci's has a wonderful buffet menu for such an occasion at an economical price - last year's price was about $12-15 pending how many attend. I will follow up on the cost for this.
**** I combined last year's awards and Christmas gathering as one. This year, our Christmas Gathering is to get together, do some Christmas activities, do a Secret Santa and maybe some caroling in the neighborhood.